Wednesday 3 June 2009

Chinese Lanterns and sedatives

I heard on the radio that over last weekend, which had been very warm, hundreds of orange lights were spotted in the sky over England and the continent. UFO spotters must have been disappointed when it was found to be lit up Chinese Lanterns that people had set off , no doubt the same kind that were sent up into the sky during Marion's party.

I had to have my last meal before 1.00pm as I am due to go to hospital for a procedure tomorrow and will be given sedatives. I am not good at fasting, but managed it.

I spoke to Diane who will be going for a cycling holiday in France soon. I also saw Wynford who got engaged over the weekend.

Today I went off to the hospital, arranging that Mas would come and collect me later. I was told that would not do, and he must be at the hospital while I was under sedation. I saw the surgeon and nurses, and was given a sedative, and the surgeon asked if it was beginning to work, I said no, then noticed that everything looked strange. The next thing that happened, as far as I was concerned, was a nurse adjusting the bed and bringing me tea and biscuits; I had been deeply asleep for an hour and felt completely refreshed. I was told that everything was completely normal.

Mas took me home, and we had a light meal and watched Clint Eastwood's Pale Rider, and when I went to bed I slept like a log; the best night's sleep all year.

No comments: