Wednesday 27 August 2008

Breakfast surprise, treatment delay and news from Peter.

The postman bought a surprise package as we were having an early breakfast. Our little granddaughter Clare sent me a handmade 'Get Well Soon' card, done very carefully with a long message from her and an attractive necklace enclosed. What a nice start to the day!

I got to the hospital, had my blood test and later saw the consultant. Unfortunately my blood platelet count is still too low, so I had to leave without the treatment, and now have another appointment for next Tuesday. My blood group is AB Rh D positive which probably denotes that I am a direct descendant of Genghis Khan.

I walked home from the station and had a late lunch with Mason and watched Diagnosis Murder, it is somehow reassuring to see familiar things. Pete phoned to say he was back home again, but had had a lovely holiday in Crete, swimming for about two hours a day and looking at all the fish while snorkeling, and that he was feeling very relaxed and well, and has some freelance work in the pipeline too.

Mas and I watched Pie in the Sky before going off to bed.

No comments: