Sunday 10 February 2008

Walking in the woods and biting fish.

Yesterday we did some shopping, had a qiuck bite at The Man in the Moon, and then went for a walk in the woods. We had not walked in these woods for a long time, and everything was looking wintery and rather colourless, and we were saying how nice it will look soon when all the trees are decked in leaves again, and we saw this bright patch of crocus, the only flowers in the woods.















In the evening we were watching something on TV and I decided to get some oranges to eat, although it is a hazardous thing to do sitting on a cream sofa. Usually I peel fruit and pass some to Mas, who trustingly eats it, while his mind is otherwise engaged.
Last night I thought we should eat a whole orange each, so I passed him one. I began peeling mine, then Mas said he needed a knife. I replied "bite it " (to start it off) "Bite it!" He exclaimed aghast, staring at it in horror, it was as if I had passed him a live fish and told him to bite it. Immediately he realized how it had sounded, and we both had a really good laugh at such a small incident. I guess you had to be there!

No comments: