Sunday 24 February 2008

Pinner and parking fine, Mex and the London International Art Fair

On Friday Mas and I went to Pinner to find a picture framer, we did find one, but not the one we were looking for, although we will take future work to him as he and his wife are very nice people. Pinner is an interesting place to visit, and has some beautiful medieval buildings in the High Street, but sadly I had forgotten to take my camera. While we were there we had a coffee, and bought some china, which we did not need at all. Later we found that we had inadvertently got a parking ticket for £50. When we got back to Stanmore we consoled ourselves by having a pub lunch.

Yesterday I met Mex at the Royal College of Art, in Kensington Gore, right beside the Albert Hall, and we went to the International Art Fair. We had an interesting time, and there was some very unusual art that we liked, and both of us liked Simon Garden's paintings; he has a very original style.

We had some tea and cakes, and lots of chat before leaving, and also bought some art books. I was feeling quite tired as I seemed to have had nightmares and restless sleep the night before, but it was a lovely afternoon and I really enjoyed it. We walked to the station together before going off in opposite directions. Luckily I got a seat on the tube, even though it was Saturday evening!







......and another one!

1 comment:

Mecca Ibrahim said...

I really enjoyed it too. Thanks for coming with me. I managed to take some pictures of those cards I bought. Arms have just about recovered from carrying the bargain books too.

Look forward to doing some others.