Saturday 19 September 2009

Pub grub and fresh fruit

Mas and I went shopping, then had lunch at the Man in the Moon. The pub was full of cheerful people, but emptied out as lunch time passed. We had a nice but unremarkable day just gardening, reading and doing things around the house.

On Saturday we drove up to St. Albans, got most of our vegetable shopping and met Tania and Robert at the Waterend Barn. We talked for a long time and I found myself very sleepy, no doubt due to the fact that I had woken up at 5.15am.

As we were leaving the market, later than usual, the stall holders were packing up. One stall was offering bananas at £1.00 a carrier bag full, so we bought some and when we got home Mas took some of the bananas over to Poppy and Ben. I spent some time blending strawberries and then freezing the surplus.

We had a light dinner and watched a video before bedtime.

No comments: