Wednesday 30 September 2009

Pete returns home and I rest my voice

Pete, Mas and I had a leisurely breakfast, and hung about chatting until it was time for Pete to leave. We took him off to Mill Hill station, and returned home. I spoke to Diane who was sounding cheerful, and got a nice email from Joan with a picture of one of the dogs, Maggie, who is feeling the change in the weather. I can understand how Maggie feels as I have got a sore throat and feel like snuggling down too.













Today I went to the doctors and saw Dr. Briggs who is a very good doctor and has a great sense of humour. After looking at my throat, which he said was bright red, he asked if I was dribbling. I could not resist saying not more than usual, he then told me I must rest my throat, so I asked if that meant not shouting at my husband, and with a twinkle in his eye he said not for three days.

Mas had been waiting for me and we drove off to The Broadwalk and Boots to get my prescription. As we had to wait we had a coffee there too. Once home I spent the rest of the day resting my throat and the rest of me too. I did notice that the garden is growing clumps of fungi, which must be feeding on dead tree roots from the Ash tree we had to cut down.

No comments: