Friday 4 April 2008

Spring cleaning and spring flowers

I have been doing some spring cleaning, which was very overdue, as well as the usual things. The weather has been lovely today, and for a break I took these pictures :













































Years ago we liked these Celandine flowers, and put a few into a strategic place in the garden, but they have spread and grow everywhere now, despite our efforts to control them. I always liked Laurel flowers when I was a child, because they can easily be overlooked, and I thought no one else saw them except me.
We saw bumble bees in our window boxes while we were having our morning coffee; they draw attention to themselves by bumping their heads on the window which seems to be one of the sounds of summer at our house. We also saw a pair of chaffinches in the garden, the female in much more subdued and modest colours.










It is hard to believe that the forecast for the weekend is snow showers.

No comments: