Tuesday 2 September 2008

Potato Peel Pie Society and Pie in the Sky

Mas gave me a lift to the station and I took the tube to Belsize Park and walked to the hospital. I had the usual blood test and found my platelets have recovered enough for me to have my treatment today. Mason in the meantime collected some nice wood to make a cabinet for the video machine.

I took the book I had been saving, to read during the four hour treatment: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer. I was soon lost in the book and was surprised how quickly the time went by, I did not even hear the alarm bleep on my drip when it was empty! It is an interesting and sometimes funny book.

As I had been given a reduced amount of medication I felt quite well enough to go home on the train and Mas collected me from the station. After dinner we watched our customary Pie in the Sky and Ghost Whisperer before going to bed.

No comments: