Wednesday 11 February 2009

Cheerful and peaceful times

February 10th, my mother's birthday. The rain has finally stopped, and Salty is very happy about that. Mas spent more time cutting up trees, and I went for a long walk to keep up the exercise. Later I began reading 'The Tenderness of Wolves' which looks as if it will be a good read. In the evening we watched an episode of New Tricks.

Today we went to St. Albans and met Tania and Robert at Sazios for lunch and had a bottle of wine to celebrate Robert's recent business achievements, and had a nice time talking before we left and picked up some shopping and drove home again.

Once home I spoke to Diane for a while, and then Eileen phoned saying she and Alex would be going to New York next week, and did we want them to bring anything back. Later I thought I should have said "A fist full of dollars". Mas is still treating himself to episodes of Battlestar Gallactica, and I can recommend it for wives who need a bit of peace and quiet.

No comments: