Monday 7 December 2009

Nice lunch and good eyes!

We had to get some shopping, and as the sun was shining we went off to Stanmore where we also had one of the roast Sunday dinners at the Man in the Moon. They do very nice Sunday lunches there, which includes a drink of your choice in the price. We came out feeling cheerful, and later for exercise I walked to Edgware and collected Mason's prescription medicines. It was dark when I got home again.

Toby phoned in the evening too which was nice as well. In the evening we watched an old tape of the Corsican Brothers film which made a change.

This morning I had an appointment at Specsavers to have my eyes tested. It is about three years since they were looked at, but I was told my eyes were healthy, and only the reading vision had changed slightly, not enough to warrant new glasses. I had been told before that I was getting cataracts, but these are still very small and don't seem to have got any worse.

Afterwards Mas and I went to Stanmore as we had seen two Opera mask faces that we really both liked, and reminded us of Budapest. The shop had been closed on Sunday, but when we got there today they had already been sold. Spoke to Pete later to see if all was well.

No comments: