Thursday 14 August 2008

Interesting book present and visit from Margaret

We had breakfast and an early lunch before Toby left to go to Pete's in Brighton, and Mas and I had a quiet day and got on with various things that needed doing, Mas mostly working on his website, and my head is clear enough now to get back to knitting socks without finding myself knitting backwards all the time!

Later we watched two episodes of 'Ghost Whisperer' in the evening which is entertaining, but quite sentimental too.

On Thursday the postman called early and bought me a surprise parcel from Betty in Guernsey; she sent a book called 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society' about Guernsey while under German Occupation during the war, it is written by Mary Ann Shaffer who is American. I am saving this book to read next week when I have to spend the day in hospital again, and am really looking forward to it.

Mas and I went out to Edgware early and then went to The Man in the Moon in Stanmore for a traditional breakfast, and some shopping. Mas then had to go off to the bank, and Margaret called round unexpectedly, and we caught up with most of the news till Mason came in again, and we had some tea and more talk.

In the evening we watched 'The Bill', and both went off to bed rather early.

No comments: