Tuesday 23 September 2008

Love Apple Island and headless nanny goat ghost

Mas and I had breakfast out in Stanmore before collecting some shopping, and going to the bank. I did lots of tidying up as I go to the hospital tomorrow, and I managed to finish one of the Skelly pictures for Pete which I sent him. I was relieved that he liked it, and will try to do another soon. Calliope the kitten seems to be settling in happily with Pete.

On Tuesday I went off to the hospital early, had blood tests and my treatment which took all day. Luckily I had saved half of my good book, the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, to read during this time so the time passed fairly quickly. My medication has been reduced again as my blood levels were still quite low, so I felt well enough to go home under my own steam, and walked from the station home.

I had a nice surprise when I reached home as Betty had sent me a long letter and another book about Guernsey called The Love Apple Island; this one seems to be more of a biography with lots of photographs. I am looking forward to reading that, and will save it for the hospital again.
Betty had written clues for a charity walk near her home which she sent to me to see where they walked. Some of the clues were funny, and she sent them down a supposedly haunted lane that runs between grassy banks; as it was a sunny evening the ghost of the headless nanny goat was not seen.

Mas and I had dinner and watched the customary Pie in the Sky.

No comments: