Thursday 24 January 2008

Kaffee Fassett, Hampstead sites and lunch with Diane

Yesterday I heard Kaffee Fassett, (the renowned textile designer, knitter, quilter and artist) being interviewed on the radio. He was born in California, but lives here now. When asked what he thinks of British weather he said he really enjoyed it, and when it was dreary and grey outside he looked forward to sitting beside the hearth and knitting, which he can do really fast.

I always feel like knitting in the winter too, I think it must be something to do with the survival instinct. One of these days I will try my hand at one of his lovely bright designs.

I took the tube to Hampstead, and walked down to Belsize Park to meet Diane. On the way I took a few photos.

Flask Walk, Hampstead

























Hot crépes!


Moroccan Cafe.





Diane and I met as planned in 'Ask', and had a drink before going back to Hampstead and having a small lunch with some laughs and a long chat in The Flask Pub restaurant before going our separate ways.

2 comments:

Mecca Ibrahim said...

I like Kaffe Fassett too.

If you take up knitting there are TONS of knitting blogs around. Knitting seems to be the new rock n roll

Love

Mex

Margaret said...

Thanks for the knitting blog idea, soon as I have the time.......