Tuesday 8 January 2008

Computer problems and infectious smiling

The beginning of the year has been a bit fraught for us. Mas updated the computer security systems which caused problems for days on end. Hopefully things will be better now. I have been urgently trying to paint a masterpiece, but listening to protracted conversations with computer help lines has not proved too inspiring. I have painted two pictures, but they have not worked out as I intended.

On a more cheerful note, Chris sent me this from Switzerland :

Smiling is infectious
You catch it like the flu;
When someone smiled at me today
I started smiling too

I passed around the corner
And someone saw me grin
When I smiled back, I realized
I`d passed it on to him

I thought about that smile
And realized its worth
A single smile, like his or mine
Could travel round the earth

So, if you feel a smile begin
Don`t leave it undetected
Let`s start an epidemic quick
And get the world infected.

No comments: