Saturday 6 December 2008

The postman called while we were having breakfast. I received a parcel from Tobe and Romy containing some beautiful wool made by the Fleece Artist in dark bluey greens and some black wool to knit a beret with, and some bamboo knitting needles. I can hardly wait for my hands to be healed enough so that I can begin knitting! Also included in the parcel was enough of my favourite soap to last a year; what a luxury.

Monika, Oktay, Milan and baby Radovan arrived as planned, and we had a lot of talk to catch up with. Monika is frightened of cats, which I had not known, but she let the children play and touch him so that they would not be made to fear cats as well. Salty was on his best behaviour, and although he fights me with tooth and claw was really gentle with the children.



















Later we were invited to go for a Chinese meal in Edgware which we enjoyed. The restaurant was cheerful and busy, and the meal was self service where people were invited to eat as much as they could. I also enjoyed tickling Milan who has an infectious laugh. It was a nice day.

No comments: