Saturday 8 November 2008

Joan sent me some fingerless gloves which she had knitted for me from special wool from Nova Scotia in a packet with small cats stuck around the address. They are very soft and warm, and the colour of purple storm clouds, also she included the pattern which I will try later; it will make a nice change from knitting socks! They are particularly useful because if my hands get cool at the moment they get weird pins and needles sensations which is a side effect of the medication, and I feel as if I am wearing rubber gloves all the time.

Joan also emailed me knitting patterns for leg warmers as I had told her I have been making some out of old sweaters simply by cutting the arms off and to use them. I am thinking of threatened power cuts later on when the weather gets really cold.

The rest of the week passed in a haze of tiredness and looking after the kitten who has to be watched as he has not always been using his litter tray. Glen and Barry called round to meet the kitten, and on cue he ran up Glen's legs and made himself at home and looked very winsome indeed. They will be happy to look after him if we go away at all.

Friends and family all kept in touch which was nice. One evening we watched Amelie with Audrey Tautou which we enjoyed as much as the first time we saw it.

No comments: